Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Singin' Songs of Freedom.

As my current job is selling refreshments at Merriweather Post Pavilion, and has been for over 2 years now, people watching has become second-nature to me. And last night while I was working at the Fall Out Boy concert (yuck. ....although the blink-182 spin-off, +44, were rather impressive) and particular observation struck me; there has yet to be one concert that I've been to (working, or just attending), where I've failed to see at least one person wearing a Bob Marley t-shirt. That includes both Martina McBride (double yuck), and"Sunday in the Country" (no comment).


So, I decided to dedicate this post to the man who produced too many children to count, the late Bob Marley.


As is apparent by his widespread group of fans, Marley is a legend. His music is indescribable, so I won't bother trying because I am aware that I am unable to do his songs justice.


Don't take my word for it (as I haven't provided one in the first place) ....listen to these songs, and experience the magic for yourself:

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Get Up Stand Up
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Buffalo Soldier
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Redemption Song
Bob Marley and the Wailers - No Woman No Cry
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Three Little Birds (My favorite song, ever.)


The Best Bob Marley and the Wailers: Legend (Amazon)

No comments: