Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I'd love to see you in that dress...

So, I logged into blogger with the intent to write a post about the new-(ish) Okkervil River song (Our Life is a Movie or Maybe), and while I logged on I (of course) was listening to it on my itunes. So, I had on the playlist of music that I've been meaning to make into a mix tape (cd to be technical, i just think "mix tape" rolls off the tongue in a more pleasant way), and when "Our Life..." ended, a Maxïmo Park song came on (Our Velocity). I had forgotten how good those guys really were (are...whatever).


After that song, I could care less about Okkervil River (not really, but work with me...), so I obviously had to write about them instead...

...So, here it is:
Maxïmo Park is all that the Arctic Monkeys wish they could be. They have unparalleled energy, tons o' talent, amazing charisma, and the knacking ability to create some of the catchiest, [good] songs known to man. (might I put emphasis on the "good" part (....fall out boy, take note.)) You know that potato chip slogan (I think it's one of Lay's): "You can't eat just one" ....well it's the same with the Maxïmo boys. You can't listen just once. I've personally been listening to the same three songs for the past half-hour.

When I was working at the Killers' concert two years ago, I was always asked; Who the fuck are Maxïmo Park?(that was lame, I know), but no one knew who they were; and yet not a single person who I talked to that went to that concert had forgotten about Maxïmo Park even weeks later.

With some of the greatest Brit-rock songs, and two of the most consistently good albums to arrive in the 00's (plus a phenomenal b-sides album), I present to you, Maxïmo Park:


No comments: