Saturday, June 16, 2007

That, that don't kill me, can only make me stronger...?

If Kanye's new single is a reliable sign of what to come on his forthcoming album "Graduation", then we have a few things to expect already. First, it's gonna be sample heavy. This song is no exception to Kanye's pattern of using samples in his song. The sample in question is from Daft Punk's seemingly [in-]famous song "Harder Better Faster Stronger." I bet you can guess what part of the song is used in "Stronger".

Second, with lines like "there's a thousand you's there's only one of me", and "you should be honored by my lateness, that i would even show up to this fake shit" you can expect West's ego to me apparent in his songs, as ever.

Third, he's still go it. This song shows that he is still in his prime and that we can expect many more number 1 singles to come.

Kanye West - Stronger

and as a bonus (in case you don't already have it):
Kanye West feat. John Mayer - Bittersweet

Like the songs, buy Kanye West albums: Amazon

No comments: